MaryAnne Wiseman (SCP-DFF)

Come and say hello.
SushiNorth
Martinez 1985

Re: MaryAnne Wiseman (SCP-DFF)

Post by SushiNorth »

Glad to see you here on the forum, but sad that you and JDaw left NYC. I'm not sure if you remember, but it was g-man and I at that farewell NYC tasting in The French Roast. Chol is normal, tri's are a borderline :)
JoshDrinksPort
Image Port wine should perhaps be added -- A Trollope
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

SushiNorth wrote:Glad to see you here on the forum, but sad that you and JDaw left NYC. I'm not sure if you remember, but it was g-man and I at that farewell NYC tasting in The French Roast. Chol is normal, tri's are a borderline :)
Hi there (forgot your name),

Thanks for the note. Yes, we are also a bit sad about leaving NY, me more than Julian, but Paris is wonderful and we're settling nicely here. Hopefully you'll be able to come over the pond and visit for a port tasting! Julian is happy here also because he gets to go to more tastings in or near London! And oh, the beer! Fahget about it! If fact, J is in the UK right now having some fun. He was at a port tasting last Friday. He probably posted some tasting notes about it too!

Anyway, glad to have met you, even if it was only for the farewell gathering at French Roast.

-MaryAnne AKA SCP-DFF
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Re: 1970 Warre

Post by SCP-DFF »

Can you tell what my Avatar is?
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

Apart from poorly focussed and unable to be enlarged, I can only guess. It appears to be something like a large bowl of ice cream or a plucked but uncooked chicken. Am I close?!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: 1970 Warre

Post by DRT »

SCP-DFF wrote:Can you tell what my Avatar is?
Foie Gras?
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

My heroic husband came to my rescue and helped me improve my avatar. Hurray for hubby! Now it looks better. Nice guess DRT. I do love foie gras, but I think I love ice cream better. It's my favorite thing. Ben, you were right.

Now I feel more official with a legit avatar.

SCP-DFF
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

SCP-DFF wrote:I do love foie gras, but I think I love ice cream better. It's my favorite thing.
So are you telling us you love ice cream more than you love your heroic husband?
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:So are you telling us you love ice cream more than you love your heroic husband?
That’s quite enough of this conversation, thank you very much.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:So are you telling us you love ice cream more than you love your heroic husband?
That’s quite enough of this conversation, thank you very much.
May I remind you that it was you who invited your good lady to join us here. A decision that you will have to live with and accept the consequences of for a very long time.

Now then, Mary-Anne, back to the subject at hand: A big bowl of home-made chocolate ice cream or a heroic husband?
Ernest H. Cockburn
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

DRT wrote:Now then, Mary-Anne, back to the subject at hand: A big bowl of home-made chocolate ice cream or a heroic husband?
Pfft, Derek, that's not even a choice.

The big bowl of ice cream, while wonderous at the time, is one and done.

The heroic husband, on the other hand, supplies a regular stream of Port to drink.

Even *I* would choose correctly in this instance.
Glenn Elliott
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

jdaw1 wrote:That’s quite enough of this conversation, thank you very much.
I wasn’t wrong.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

OK - we have established that Glenn would rather have Julian as a husband than eat a bowl of chocolate ice cream. An interesting choice but not really where I thought this conversation would go.

I think SCP-DFF's opinion is essential to bring some focus back to this conversation.
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

My wife’s opinion is surely that the heroic husband is better than a lifetime of ice cream. Isn’t that right dear.
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

jdaw1 wrote:My wife’s opinion is surely that the heroic husband is better than a lifetime of ice cream. Isn’t that right dear.
You boys like to play a dangerous game. DRT hiking up the stakes!

Hmmmm, yes, the question at hand. Well, yes, I do love a huge bowl of scrumptious ice cream. But, let me tell you a story. Once upon a time there was a beautiful woman who was in a major crisis. Desperation. She was having a severe ice cream craving. It was *ahem* that time of the month. Major crisis. Fear not, she had her heroic man (who is now said husband), hairy bare-chested, with black leather riding boots and sword in sheath, he immediately jumped on his horse, and swiftly went to all the ice cream shops in downtown Manhattan gathering as much of my favorite flavor as he could find (chocolate peanut butter cookie dough). And with bravery, battled his way back to his damsel in distress, with little effort, and saved his beautiful woman into ice cream bliss. She kissed her bare-chested hero and they lived happily ever after.

Yes, that damsel in distress was me. Indeed! So, I would have to say, and agree with Glenn that if it wasn't for my man, I just may have died from ice cream deprivation, AND he also saves me from port deficiency syndrome as well! As we see, it's the hubby that needs to stay. He'll be the hero to eternally fulfill my desires. All of them!

I know all my women friends want a heroic man just like mine!

SCP-DFF.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

jdaw1 wrote:
I wasn’t wrong.
DRT wrote:OK - we have established that Glenn would rather have Julian as a husband than eat a bowl of chocolate ice cream. An interesting choice but not really where I thought this conversation would go.
SCP-DFF wrote:her heroic man (who is now said husband), hairy bare-chested, with black leather riding boots and sword in sheath
I wasn’t wrong.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

SCP-DFF wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:My wife’s opinion is surely that the heroic husband is better than a lifetime of ice cream. Isn’t that right dear.
You boys like to play a dangerous game. DRT hiking up the stakes! [...]
I could have sworn this post was by jdaw1 about five minutes ago...
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

JacobH wrote:I could have sworn this post was by jdaw1 about five minutes ago...
The Supreme Commander posted from her computer, unaware that I was logged in from there. When error realised there was copying; deleting; logging out; logging in; reposting.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by JacobH »

jdaw1 wrote:
JacobH wrote:I could have sworn this post was by jdaw1 about five minutes ago...
The Supreme Commander posted from her computer, unaware that I was logged in from there. When error realised there was copying; deleting; logging out; logging in; reposting.
I am alarmed by the lack of electronic security at HQ SCP-DFF. A full investigation should surely follow. Can we be assured that any commands from her are from her alone?
SCP-DFF
Taylor’s LBV

Post by SCP-DFF »

No female alter-ego necessary for my bare-chested, sword-in-sheath hero!

Surely Julian wouldn't do such a thing!
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

SCP-DFF wrote:a major crisis. Desperation....It was *ahem* that time of the month.
I assume you mean the mid-point between monthly :tpf: off-lines at The Crusting Pipe? Yes, I agree entirely that it is a difficult time for anyone.

The image of a bare-chested Julian charging up 5th Avenue on a horse in black leather boots with his sword sheathed is an image that will unfortunately be difficult to lose. Thanks for sharing.

I will never eat ice cream again :roll:
Ernest H. Cockburn
Zelandakh
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Zelandakh »

From the desk of Deputy Director of Derek-Induced Hangovers, somewhere to the left of London.

Dear Supreme Commander Port-Drinking Forces France,
Welcome indeed and I trust that the comic interplay will continue for some time although I suggest that perhaps his and hers matching computers may resolve some confusion - principally among your fellow members. I too now have visions of Mr SCP-DFF mounted on his charger, clad in his motorbike boots and sword in sheath (the mind boggles). Since he voluntarily becomes the ice cream hunter/gatherer AND supplies you in port, I may also have the chance to complete to be Mrs JDAW1??? :-)

Nick
Nick
-----
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

jdaw1 wrote:
I wasn’t wrong.
Zelandakh wrote:Since he voluntarily becomes the ice cream hunter/gatherer AND supplies you in port, I may also have the chance to complete to be Mrs JDAW1??? :-)
I wasn’t wrong.