Hello, world!

Come and say hello.
keytohwy
Cheap Ruby

Hello, world!

Post by keytohwy »

Hello, all! I've been lurking for a while, but finally signed up for a "real" account.

Wish I could drink port more often, but I'm stocking up for a time when I can. Currently I have:

1970 Croft
1977 Dow's
1994 Dow's
1994 Fonseca

It was the 94 Fonseca that I had a friend's house that got me going on wine in general.

I look forward to adding notes when I can and seeking advice from more experienced tasters. I get to England quit a bit, so maybe even attend an offline one day.

Until the next post, cheers!

keytohwy
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Hello, world!

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Hello keytohwy, welcome to the port forum, it's great that you've decided to go from lurking to posting. You may not have many bottles of port - but you have sure chosen four good ones to start with. When you do make it to the UK, be sure to let us know and we will give you a proper port welcome.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
keytohwy
Cheap Ruby

Post by keytohwy »

AHB wrote:Hello keytohwy, welcome to the port forum, it's great that you've decided to go from lurking to posting. You may not have many bottles of port - but you have sure chosen four good ones to start with. When you do make it to the UK, be sure to let us know and we will give you a proper port welcome.

Alex
Thanks, Alex. Looks like May is my next shot getting over there. I married a good Berkshire girl so I should be in your neighbo(u)rhood.

keytohwy
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Indeed, hello and welcome to the wonderful world of the port lunatics.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Hi, and welcome!

That's a very fine selection of ports you have there. :)