Greetings Port Drinkers!

Come and say hello.
SF_Port
Cruz Ruby

Greetings Port Drinkers!

Post by SF_Port »

Hello All!

My name is Rich and I'm new to this forum, which I learned about as a result of one of your own: Julian. I attended the Fall Harvest Tour sponsored by the "other" Port group and had a fantastic time. Great people, very good tastings and a tour that was memorable.

My port background isn't that extensive other than I've been enjoying port for well over 15 years, but not to the extent of tasting, comparing, saving. Well, all of that is changed and I'm now on a quest to drink more (good) port and to seek out and save some - both for later consumption as well as for my kids.

Oh, I live in San Francisco, am currently single (two ex'es - yikes!), so I have time and a little "disposable" income for this pursuit! I have two kids that are with me at least 50% of the time and beyond that I am something of a foodie. I work out to balance all the other pursuits and am also passionate about sailing and traveling.

I look forward to lurking on the boards and learning and contributing as best I can!

Cheers,
Rich N.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Greetings Port Drinkers!

Post by g-man »

Welcome to the boards Rich, I'm sure you'll find this site both a source of great knowledge and amusement.

My wife and I are thinking about swinging out to napa in jan. Perhaps we could get together for a glass or two sometime soon!
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
SF_Port
Cruz Ruby

Post by SF_Port »

g-man,

Please do let me know if you will be in Napa (and most likely through SF) and we will lift a glass. I think Julian threatened that he would be out this way sometime as well and since I'm new to the "collecting" side, I'll most likely have some interesting things to share!

Thanks for the welcome!

Cheers,
Rich N.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Welcom aboard Rich, good to have you one here. Enjoy the place and look forward to meeting you next time I get over to SF.
Port is basically a red drink
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

Welcome Rich! :)
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Ahh, hello again. I’m just entering tasting notes from that trip  Ferreira done, Taylor Fonseca Croft coming soon so feel free to add to them, correcting or agreeing.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Hi Rich, welcome to :tpf:

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed your trip with Roy and the gang.

Have fun here :wink:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
SF_Port
Cruz Ruby

Post by SF_Port »

Thanks, all!

I'm looking forward to learning and of course contributing here and there and enjoying in the ramblings. For those of you that are coming to SF, please let me know (with some advance notice) so that I can say whether I'm around that particular weekend, whether I have kids with me or not and maybe suggest some wines we should consider drinking!

Cheers,
Rich
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

And if you should come to New York, an enjoyable weekend is assured, in matters œneological and æsthetic.
ac-fast
Niepoort LBV

Post by ac-fast »

Hello Rich, welcome onboard :)
Any time not spend drinking port, is a waste of time.