Hello!

Come and say hello.
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Hello!

Post by Glenn E. »

I've been involved over at ftlop.com for a while but just hadn't gotten around to registering here. Now I have!

I was given my first bottle of Port on my 40th birthday and have been drinking and learning ever since. I prefer aged tawnies and colheitas, but I'm starting to like VP as well. I also drink dessert wines, but for whatever reason I have never liked beer or regular wine.

My wife and I spent 4 days in Portugal last year during our 3-week long 20th anniversary vacation, and we liked it so much that we're going back this September with my parents.
Glenn Elliott
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Hi Glenn,

Good to see you here on :tpf: :D

Have fun here and keep us posted about your trips to Dublin and the UK so that we can pop some VP together. Who knows, you might even meet up with that crazy Brit who's holding your bottles hostage :wink:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Glenn,

Good to see you over here. I still haven't drunk the bottle that I bought for my 40th birthday but I've had plenty of others,

Cheers,

Alex
Port is basically a red drink
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Welcome Glenn.

Since you said on FTLOP that you can't see yourself ever opening a bottle from the 1964 vintage, when you manage to drop into the UK and we're around, we will just have to see what we can organise. Maybe we'll get you to taste a port from your birth year yet!

Alex B
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Rubby
Fonseca LBV

Post by Rubby »

Hi Glenn, welcome to the club.
Frequently Ask Questions
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

AHB wrote:Since you said on FTLOP that you can't see yourself ever opening a bottle from the 1964 vintage, when you manage to drop into the UK and we're around, we will just have to see what we can organise. Maybe we'll get you to taste a port from your birth year yet!
Well... I meant just the LAST bottle. I have deliberately ordered as many of the 1964 Noval Colheitas as I can find because as long as I have more in reserve I won't have any problems opening a bottle.

When it gets down to that last "bin end" bottle, though... that one will probably sit in my fridge until I die. :wink:
Glenn Elliott
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

Hi Glenn,

a warm welcome and

please feel very much free to post any questions that you might have on the subject.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
ac-fast
Niepoort LBV

Post by ac-fast »

Hello, and welcome :)
Any time not spend drinking port, is a waste of time.