Welcome Joost

Come and say hello.
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Welcome Joost

Post by RonnieRoots »

A very warm welcome to Joost: friend an fellow portlover from Utrecht, but with an even bigger passion for the dry and sweet wines from the Loire.

I hope you enjoy your time here and I'm looking forward to seeing you againg at this offline!
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Welcome aboard Joost, good to have you here.
Port is basically a red drink
Rubby
Fonseca LBV

Post by Rubby »

Hi Joost! Welcome! :D
Frequently Ask Questions
StevieCage
Fonseca LBV

Post by StevieCage »

Welcome Joost - it's time to share some wine (bubbles?) again! 88)
Joost
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Post by Joost »

Of course I should have introduced myself right here, but I didn't see this section before. Thank you Ronnie for introducing me already shortly.

I like port very much, and I have a small stock (more or less 100 bottles) of Vintage Port, but must of it is much too young to drink right now. Besides I am an allround winelover and drink wine from all over the world, red and white, dry and sweet, fortified and specially last week sparkling ;-)

For whites my heart is mostly in Riesling (mostly German) and Chenin Blanc (Loire)... In Red I more and more love Rhone and Barolo, but there are plenty other great regions...

But the most interesting part of wine is drinking good wines with friends. I did already several times with Ronnie, Mrs Roots, Stevie and Jasper and met KillerB on one of the occasions at Ronnie's house, drinking 1871 Port (Stevie what was the name?) and 2003 Fronseca...

So I am certainly looking forward to host the 1977 Port event in Utrecht... And KillerB be sure you'll be there!

Santé,
Joost
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Joost,

Look forward to seeing you (again, I think). If you read your Private Messages you will find one from admin explaining all about this section and the forum rules.

I know, I know, nobody ever reads their introductory messages, even though ours are all sent personally from the admisitrator that approved you. It's alright, don't worry, we do it for love and don't require appreciation. We'll just sigh and say "C'est la vie". :cry:

Alex
Port is basically a red drink