Hello from Porto, Portugal - new member

Come and say hello.
jmrc
Cheap Ruby

Hello from Porto, Portugal - new member

Post by jmrc » 13:26 Sat 21 Oct 2017

Hello!
I have been looking around at this forum for some time and and finally I decided to register.
I especially appreciate VP and LBV (perhaps because they are the perfect accompaniment to the sacred triad of Portuguese cheeses: Serra, Serpa and Azeitão) and, a little less, old tawnies (10, 20, 30 and 40 years) and 'colheitas'. Recently, I started in the Crusted Port that I consider to be high quality although little known and consumed in Portugal. The only thing I regret is to be a Port lover with such a small cave...
I hope to learn from the expertise that I find here.
Júlio

AHB
Quinta do Noval Nacional 1962

Re: Hello from Porto, Portugal - new member

Post by AHB » 17:55 Sat 21 Oct 2017

Welcome to the forum. You are blessed to be living in one of our favourite cities.
Top Port in 2017 (so far): Graham Stone Terraces 2015 and Quinta do Vesuvio 1994
2016 Port of the year: Cockburn 1908

jmrc
Cheap Ruby

Post by jmrc » 22:08 Sun 22 Oct 2017

Thanks! Fantastic city where I was born and of which I like a lot; unfortunately Porto and Portugal are in general - with one exception or another -
expensive places :( to buy quality port wine compared to the UK and other European countries (even USA), as well you mentioned in this forum.

Doggett
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by Doggett » 01:08 Fri 27 Oct 2017

Welcome Júlio. The costs maybe high in Portugal, but the availability, particularly of the older Colheitas and Tawnies I am very jealous of.
If you are ever in London, make sure you get in touch to see if a tasting is possible.

all the best,

Simon

jmrc
Cheap Ruby

Post by jmrc » 12:03 Fri 27 Oct 2017

Thank you, Simon. You are right concerning older Colheitas and Tawnies (despite a negative aspect related to the often deficient storage of these wines in many Portuguese retailers).
If I can help with something about Port wine here in Porto...
All the best,
Júlio