Hi there!

Come and say hello.
CranBurgundy
Cheap Ruby

Hi there!

Post by CranBurgundy »

Dumb luck brought me here. The Google was helping me locate some 1966 Krohn's Colheita as I'm down to my last bottle. A listing to this forum was on the 2nd or 3rd page, so I joined.

There's no way anyone would consider me an expert by any stretch of the imagination. I do, however, enjoy a wide variety of Port and usually have 3 or 4 cases stashed in the cellar.

I'm looking forward to reading & occasionally contributing here.

Oh, and if we use real names as well as screen names I'm Dennis. CranBurgundy is also my CellarTracker handle.
Purple dranking cretin
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Hi there!

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Welcome Dennis. None of us here are experts, we just drink a lot and (sometimes) get a bit obsessive about our favourite drink.

We prove we're not experts every now and then when we have a blind tasting and try to identify what we're drinking - we usually run at less than 10% accuracy! So please feel free to join in on any of the conversations.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Hi there!

Post by LGTrotter »

Glad you joined Dennis and welcome.
AHB wrote: 09:09 Fri 03 Mar 2017None of us here are experts
A little false modesty here as Alex has tasted more port than most (look out for his tasting notes if you are thinking of buying something), though he is right that there are no absolutes with port, or indeed any wines, so please chip in anywhere. And if possible tasting notes are always appreciated, this is something people can be a little shy of, but it is helpful to have a gauge of how a wine is getting on.

Owen.