Hello from the Netherlands

Come and say hello.
Monique
Cheap Ruby

Hello from the Netherlands

Post by Monique »

After reading quite a lot on this forum I thought it would be nice to register and maybe even contribute something once and awhile.
My name is Monique Heinemans, I live in the very south of the Netherlands, work in healthcare, I'm in my fifties and I do have a small spot for Vintage Port. Unfortunately my parents didn't drink nor leave me any nice wine or port, so when I drank my first (I think it was a Colheita) port some 15 years ago I was blown away. Since then I've been reading a lot about port. Also I have been trying to build up a nice cellar, but am still working on that... It's not that easy in the Netherlands to fill back a cellar without going bankrupt :(
I hope to learn more and even maybe contribute sometimes, but please keep in mind that I'm Dutch. English isn't my motherlanguage, so I'll probably make some writing errors here and there.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Hello from the Netherlands

Post by LGTrotter »

Monique,

Welcome, excellent to have you on board. I too work in healthcare, port is such a healthy beverage I am thinking of recommending it to all my clients (joke).

Any questions or contributions are most welcome, as rambling on about port is something we enjoy.

Do tell us about what you have in your cellar. And don't forget that since the UK pound has recently been devalued rather a lot you might find your euros go further than you expect if you buy port in the UK.

Don't worry about language, we have Americans here :wink: .
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by LGTrotter »

I have just realised that you must be the same Monique who is on "For the love of port". I have read and enjoyed several of your tasting notes there. You are doubly welcome.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello Monique. Do join the conversations; do join the tastings.
Monique
Cheap Ruby

Post by Monique »

Thank you for your warm welcome.
Indeed I also have been reading a lot (and have contributed some) on the FTLP forum, both portforums are very friendly and have learned me a lot. The main reason I've registred now on this forum is because I think this forum is used by Brits more than Americans and I have quite some questions about buying port in the U.K.
So I hope you don't mind me asking some of these questions here.. :wink: