Page 1 of 1

Hello from Scotland

Posted: 00:58 Wed 29 Jul 2015
by ProfS
Hi,
I'm new to the forum and wanted to say hello. So 'hello'!
Only recently fell in love with port (last couple of years) after visiting Portugal. So, I've started to collect a few bottles and must say what a delight, wish I'd appreciated this fine drink 20 years ago...
I will be visiting London towards the end of August and am interested in learning (and tasting) more. Read with interest yesterday's tastings in the Boot and Flogger...
Looking forward to opening the Port horizons.
Steve

Re: Hello from Scotland

Posted: 14:09 Wed 29 Jul 2015
by djewesbury
Welcome Steve,

Whereabouts in Scotland are you? There are a few of us who are sometimes in the vicinity (I'm in Belfast myself). Look forward to meeting you one day!

Daniel

Re: Hello from Scotland

Posted: 14:37 Wed 29 Jul 2015
by ProfS
Hi Daniel,

I'm living in Perthshire but travel into Edinburgh and Glasgow regulalry with work. So, if you are ever in the vicinity let me know and look forward to meeting with you at some point.

Steve

Re: Hello from Scotland

Posted: 14:41 Wed 29 Jul 2015
by djewesbury
ProfS wrote:Hi Daniel,

I'm living in Perthshire but travel into Edinburgh and Glasgow regulalry with work. So, if you are ever in the vicinity let me know and look forward to meeting with you at some point.

Steve
Great. Will do!

Re: Hello from Scotland

Posted: 20:55 Wed 29 Jul 2015
by LGTrotter
Thank you for joining us and the warmest welcome. The bottle collection sounds promising, it is never easy to decide when to stop. Generally the best way of controlling numbers are to drink a few.

Re: Hello from Scotland

Posted: 22:41 Wed 29 Jul 2015
by flash_uk
ProfS wrote:I will be visiting London towards the end of August and am interested in learning (and tasting) more.
Welcome Steve. Like you, I have only recently discovered the world of port, and am now hooked. Look forward to seeing you at a tasting sometime in the future! I'm on holiday last half of August so can't unfortunately meet in London.

Re: Hello from Scotland

Posted: 01:41 Thu 30 Jul 2015
by ProfS
Thxanks for the warm welcome and looking forward to meeting you and learning more.

Just had a nice evening with friends and enjoyed a 1963 Burmester and a 1955 Croft (it was a special occasion!).

Will try and put some tasting notes together in the morning...

Re: Hello from Scotland

Posted: 09:05 Thu 30 Jul 2015
by jdaw1
ProfS wrote:a 1963 Burmester and a 1955 Croft (it was a special occasion!).
Not shabby.
ProfS wrote:Will try and put some tasting notes together in the morning...
Thank you.

Re: Hello from Scotland

Posted: 08:08 Mon 03 Aug 2015
by AHB
Welcome to the forum. Please do let us know when you are in London and, if we can, we'd be happy to welcome you in person!