Terrible fortified wines

Other alcoholic drinks, decadent smokes, and hearty eating
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Terrible fortified wines

Post by jdaw1 »

This website’s review of the five top tramp wines had me laughing. You might like (website, not wines).

MD 20/20, apparently the least worst-tasting of the ‘wines’ under review, is described as:
As majestic as the cascading waters of a drain pipe, MD 20/20 is bottled by the 20/20 wine company in Westfield, New York. This is a good place to start for the street wine rookie, but beware; this dog has a bite to back up its bark. MD Stands for Mogen David, and is affectionately called "Mad Dog 20/20". You'll find this beverage as often in a bum's nest as in the rock quarry where the high school kids sneak off to drink. This beverage is likely the most consumed by non-bums, but that doesn't stop any bums from drinking it! Our research indicates that MD 20/20 is the best of the bum wines at making you feel warm inside. Some test subjects report a slight numbing agent in MD 20/20, similar to the banana paste that the dentist puts in your mouth before injecting it with novocain. Anyone that can afford a dentist should steer clear of this disaster. Avaliable in various nauseating tropical flavors that coat your whole system like bathtub scum, but only the full "Red Grape Wine" flavor packs the 18% whallop.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Try drinking all of those in one night, and I suspect you'll really appreciate the meaning of Horizontal Tasting! :roll:

Alan
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

I remember MD20/20 when I was in my first year at Univerisity. Ohh that stuff was awful, but we didn't know anybetter then. Thank goodness that all changed my second year
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

QC - used to have the marketing tag of "Quality Counts", which is a reason to steer clear of it. Also used to be described as "British Sherry", but now sticks to "British Fortified Wine" on the grounds that the Spaniards wanted to protect the quality of Harvey's Bristol Cream :shock:

Can be found in Morrison's for the price of four chicken wings - suitable combination.
Port is basically a red drink