Favorite pilsener?

Other alcoholic drinks, decadent smokes, and hearty eating
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Favorite pilsener?

Post by DRT »

I just spent 2 weeks in St Maarten in the Netherlands Antiles where the beer selection in most establishments consisted of the following in reverse order of undrinkableness:

1. Coors Light
2. Carib
3. Presidente

Please note that I have not included the also available Budweiser or Bud Light for obvious reasons.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

I like Moretti but not sure it qualifies as Pilsener, especially as it is Italian. Nice fruity characteristics and great on a hot day stright from the fridge.
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

KillerB wrote:I like Moretti but not sure it qualifies as Pilsener, especially as it is Italian.
I think the name of this thread should perhaps be "What's you're favourite beer that comes in a bottle and isn't brown?"
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Michael M.
Quinta do Noval LBV

Post by Michael M. »

A simply delicious Pils I had recently is this one. Rothaus Pils Tannenzäpfle. It's from the Black Forest. "Tannenzäpfle" is Swabian and means fir cone.

A full-bodied Pils with a big finish. The astonishing strong aftertaste reminds me a little bit of Bockbier (perhaps you know Einbecker Bockbier). But it's not a bruiser at all. It also has a slightly smokiness which is rather attractive. However this Pils has real character!

As a bonus this beautiful girl on the label! Reminds me of the brawny female (?) swimming athletics of the former GDR. So much grace although definitely one to lean on.

You can buy this girl in the UK too :nirvana: .http://www.veesand.com/where%20to%20buy.html
Shut Up 'N Drink Yer Port