Question about 'investment grade' cognac

Other alcoholic drinks, decadent smokes, and hearty eating
golfcartguy
Cruz Ruby

Question about 'investment grade' cognac

Post by golfcartguy »

Hello all,
I am new to the forum, and am wondering if anyone knows where to find people interested in 'investment grade' cognac? Wanting to learn pricing, values, and what is hot, and what is not.
I purchased a couple of bottles of Hardy Perfection, and want to see if I got a good deal, and so on.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Golfcartguy-John in Maryland
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: Question about 'investment grade' cognac

Post by g-man »

If you bought some Hardy's perfection then yes, I'm sure it'll make a fantastic drink.

Personally, i've found cognac starting to get a bit outrageous with all the fancy crystal decanters and containers.

As drinkers, does one pay for the the container, or what's to drink on the inside.

I'm sure there are definite cognac forums out there where you might learn more about where to sell your wares.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Apologies for mis-judging your account your email address suggested a particular business purpose rather than a live human.

Anyway, some of the portheads known to inhabit :tpf: also have knowledge of cognac maybe they will help.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Hello John - welcome aboard.

My knowledge of Cognac is fairly limited, mostly the big names. Got a couple of XOs in but that's about my limit.

I did the decent thing and checked what Cognac boards are out there and I know why you've come here. They're a bit rubbish, aren't they? Either difficult to get in or no users.

However, I did find this site. The forum is pretty much empty but the pricing on that page is helpful - $6K for the Perfection, that may vary dependent on the bottle.

Maybe we can pique your interest in Port, it's much more fun.
Port is basically a red drink
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

http://twitter.com/cognac

there's an accompanying twitter site.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Fantastic evidence: one can discuss port; one can twitter about cognac.
golfcartguy
Cruz Ruby

Post by golfcartguy »

Thanks to all of you for replying. Jdaw1, yes, I am involved in real estate (from my email address). Not particularly looking to sell my 'investment'. Just wanted more information.
Again thanks to all for the warm welcomes, and replies.

As to wine, my family (great grandfather) was in the business, producing wine, and gin in the early 1900's in Hawaii, after migrating from Portugal. Prohibition, and a 'rat', got him out of the business permanently. I actually have one of his (empty) bottles from 1904 (I think). Big port drinkers in my family.

Anyway, thanks again. Talk to you all later.