Short's Brewing Imperial Series

Other alcoholic drinks, decadent smokes, and hearty eating
morteno
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Short's Brewing Imperial Series

Post by morteno »

There's a brewpub in Michigan making crazy beer. I attended a beer tasting recently where 13 bottles from their imperial series were served. Some of them were normal, some quite weird: The ones I liked the best was the ginger flavoured and the peach flavoured beers. They were balanced and yummy! :D

They are fairly expensive ($15-20 for 750mL) and I was far from blown away by them, but it was quite fun to taste beer that taste of Bloody Mary, blue spruce etc. You could argue that it's more fun and interesting than nice in the long run, but it puts your palate to a test.

jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Short's Brewing Imperial Series

Post by jdaw1 »

My taste in beer is rather conservative: beer like Timothy Taylor Landlord, London Pride, Harvey Sussex, Shepherd Neame Spitfire. So these seem rather adventurous for me.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

jdaw1 wrote:My taste in beer is rather conservative: beer like Timothy Taylor Landlord, London Pride, Harvey Sussex, Shepherd Neame Spitfire. So these seem rather adventurous for me.
Conservative but impeccable! Are you a CAMRA member? You certainly talk the right language. I confess - I am a CAMRA member.
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Despite living in New York, I am indeed a member of CAMRA. Alas I’ve missed the GBBF again this year. Never did when I lived in London.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

jdaw1 wrote:Despite living in New York, I am indeed a member of CAMRA. Alas I’ve missed the GBBF again this year. Never did when I lived in London.
I have missed it for a few years because the ECB have had a horrible habbit of sceduling the Oval Test away from its rightful home in late August. Not only has it clashed with the GBBF for the last few years, but also my wifes birthday creating double trouble!

I have fond memories of Utter Madness in about 1998 and Chas and Dave in about 2002!
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!