2006 Herdade dos Grous

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
AW77
Morgan 1991

2006 Herdade dos Grous

Post by AW77 »

Most wines you find in shops outside Portugal are from the Douro. Thus I'm always happy when I spot a non-Douro wine. This one is from the "civilised supermarket".
It's a blend of Aragonez, Syrah, Alicante Bouschet and Touriga Nacional form the Alentejo, made in a lagar and matured for nine month in barriques.
D+0h: some deposit in the tea filter and the bottle, smells intensively of fat strawberry jam and of a certain minerality, D+3h: dark as ink at the core, at the rim purple red, smells now of dried strawberry, minerality and a little bit of eucalyptus, full body, smooth in the mouth, tastes of strawberry, a little bit of eucalyptus and a dash of pepper, in the aftertaste strawberry and eucalyptus, quite a long finish (more than 30 seconds), really a very good wine that I will definitely buy again.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port
José Castro
Cruz Ruby

Re: 2006 Herdade dos Grous

Post by José Castro »

HI

I love that wine :)

Honestly my favourite region in PT is Alentejo you can try the wines from cortes de cima, recently there white wine win award of the best white wine in the world in a french contest.

Try out the wines from them here the link of my fav online store:

http://www.thirsty-cat.com/category/cortes-de-cima

Kind Regards