1997 Château Poujeaux

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
AW77
Morgan 1991

1997 Château Poujeaux

Post by AW77 »

D+0h: cork breaks when three quarters extracted, some deposit in the bottle and in the tea filter I always use, smells very intensively of blackberry, D+2,5h: purple red, smells of leather, smoke and raspberry, full body, raspberry, leather and smoke in the mouth, not fully dry, but with a tiny and pleasant amount of residual sugar, in the aftertaste there is acidity and raspberry, good length (30 sec), in the end, leather and smoke linger on the tongue, a good claret, the next time I think I will start drinking it earlier.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: 1997 Château Poujeaux

Post by djewesbury »

Andre, what's the best online source for those tea filters? They're very good and much handier than coffee filters or muslin.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
AW77
Morgan 1991

Post by AW77 »

Their website is www.cilia.de . If you cannot get them online, I can send you some privately.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Thank you for sending. Used today, for the first time, on Cr04 LBV. Very speedy when placed in a funnel (the plastic holder defeated me).
AW77
Morgan 1991

Post by AW77 »

jdaw1 wrote:Thank you for sending. Used today, for the first time, on Cr04 LBV. Very speedy when placed in a funnel (the plastic holder defeated me).
You're welcome. I never use a funnel, so I just put the filter on the holder and pour.
This is how you get the teafilter on the holder: you have to squeeze the plastic together (at the indented curvature). Now you put the filter over the part that has these small plastic hooks. Once the filter is placed, you relax your grip and the holder snaps back into it's normal position. But because of the small hooks, the filter will not fall off. If you want to remove the filter, just squeeze again and get the filter off.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

AW77 wrote:
jdaw1 wrote:Thank you for sending. Used today, for the first time, on Cr04 LBV. Very speedy when placed in a funnel (the plastic holder defeated me).
You're welcome. I never use a funnel, so I just put the filter on the holder and pour.
This is how you get the teafilter on the holder: you have to squeeze the plastic together (at the indented curvature). Now you put the filter over the part that has these small plastic hooks. Once the filter is placed, you relax your grip and the holder snaps back into it's normal position. But because of the small hooks, the filter will not fall off. If you want to remove the filter, just squeeze again and get the filter off.
André, as I said elsewhere, thanks so much for sending these! And now you have provided idiot-proof instructions I have worked out how to get the bags onto the holder. And now that I have figured out how to do that it means that the filters will be used for making tea and infusions also. Wonderful, thanks again.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...