1998 Tenimenti Angelini Val di Suga Brunello di Montalcino

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
AW77
Morgan 1991

1998 Tenimenti Angelini Val di Suga Brunello di Montalcino

Post by AW77 »

Daniel and I had the '95 vintage of that one this summer:
http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8849
Now the '95 is sold out, but I can still get the '98 vintage:

D+0h: quite a lot of deposit in the tea filter I always use, smells of sour cherry, D+3,5h: the colour is between purple red and cherry red, smells of eucalyptus, smoke and leather (but the smell is rather subdued), nice acidity and smooth in the mouth, cherry and some leather in the mouth, medium body, in the aftertaste some leather and cherry, good length (30 sec), at the end, sour cherry lingers on the tongue, I had the feeling that the wine improved at D+4h, that it got better and more full-bodied, so I ask myself: is it still too young or does it need a longer decant? Somehow it was neither fish nor fowl as it was. The '95 was much better. Nevertheless, I will get some more bottles of the '98 and wait for two or three more years.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port