2000 Château Lalande-Borie

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
AW77
Morgan 1991

2000 Château Lalande-Borie

Post by AW77 »

D+0h: some deposit in the tea filter I always use + in the bottle, smells of blackberry, raspberry and forest ground ? (but I'm not sure of the last one), D+1,5h: quite dark, almost as dark as ink, some bricking at the rim, smells of blackberry, leather and eucalyptus, smooth in the mouth, dry, but not tart, light to medium body, in the mouth blackberry, a nice acidity and dash of leather, in the aftertaste acidity and blackberry, the length is not that good (20 sec.), quite tasty, I like the fruity blackberry taste, but it's not a complex wine, more an agreeable one, a kind of crowd-pleaser, but as I like to be pleased now and then, I will buy it again :)
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port