2001 Fattoria del Cerro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
AW77
Morgan 1991

2001 Fattoria del Cerro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano

Post by AW77 »

D+0h: only a little deposit in the bottle and none in the tea filter I always use, smells of barnyard and blackberry D+30min: purple red, only some bricking at the rim, quite dark for a wine that is 13 years old, smells of barnyard, leather and tar, full bdoy that is quite meaty, dry, but not too dry, the tannins are still quite present, in the mouth smoke and tar, a little bit scratchy in the aftertaste + a little bit furry because of the tannins, in the finish there is tar, the length is quite good (30 sec.), a really good wine but one which either needs more time in the cellar or a much longer decant (the last glass was drunk at D+90 min, but still the tannins were quite present). I got this wine from the "civilised supermarket" for just 13,90 Euro. So I will get some more the next time I shop there.
The Eleventh Commandment: Thou shalt know thy Port
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Re: 2001 Fattoria del Cerro Vino Nobile di Montepulciano

Post by djewesbury »

Glad to hear you're still picking up these ridiculously good bargains, André!
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...