Jindalee 2007 Oz SB

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Jindalee 2007 Oz SB

Post by uncle tom »

Having lunch with my mother today, she produced a bottle of this juice which she bought at Waitrose for £3.99.

This is a superb wine - fresh with excellent fruit, but without the overload of grapefruit/gooseberry that often goes with the New World SB's.

For the money, this is an absolute bargain - good enough to persuade me not to imbibe too much and go buy a dozen.

Asking the staff in the Saffron Walden Waitrose if they had any in cartons, it transpired that they only had 15 bottles left in the store.

- There are now only three!

Waitrose online wine store are offering the Jindalee at only £3.79 delivered, but the web site says the year is 2005/6..

Seems a bit surreal to be drinking an '07 already - but I doubt it will take long to sell out.

Tom
Last edited by uncle tom on 13:07 Tue 18 Sep 2007, edited 1 time in total.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Tom,

On reading this I have exactly the same look on my face as your Avatar :shock:

There is a Waitrose next to my office in Sheffield - but I won't be there for 2 weeks :x

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn