Schild Estate Barossa Shiraz 2005

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Schild Estate Barossa Shiraz 2005

Post by KillerB »

Wandering back past the local offy, so popped in for a couple of bottles of beer. Picked a couple of Sam Smith's specials.

Rob, the owner, always tries to trap me with a bottle of wine. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. This time he brings this along and it's a no-brainer. A little pricey at £13.49 in comparison with worldwide prices but not actually bad. This has a reputation and I can't get it anywhere else.

In the glass, it is dark, very dark. Lovely tear-drops come down the glass when you swirl it. On the nose it is very spicy with nutmeg being prominent. In the mouth it is thick and alcoholic but extremely fruity, especially blackcurrant with a rich finish.

Fabulous wine and I'm going to pop back and negociate a price for more. This is possibly the best value Barossa Shiraz that I've had and easily worth the money. I hope that Rob isn't reading this.
Port is basically a red drink
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Had another bottle tonight which suggest that this may well be turning into a fetish. Still big but the mouth-feel is so soft and velvety that it is a delight to drink. I've asked Rob to get me another six, I suspect I may be back for more.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Barossa Shiraz - now we're talking. I was thought you liked all that French gunk?

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:Barossa Shiraz - now we're talking. I was thought you liked all that French gunk?

Derek
I do like that French gunk but I like the Aussie grog as well.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I always suspected you were a bit wierd :?

Derek
Ernest H. Cockburn
KillerB

Post by KillerB »

Derek T. wrote:I always suspected you were a bit wierd :?

Derek
Is that 'weird' or 'wired'? Weird I accept without exception, 'Wired' I dispute as you have not seen me on a coffee high.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Oops, sorry - I mean you're weired :roll:

Derek
Ernest H. Cockburn