OOps!

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

OOps!

Post by KillerB »

Classic error tonight.

I dragged a bottle of low-level Pouilly Fume from the cellar to drink with the Roast Chicken (bad combination if the chicken is not laden with lemon or lime). A little late so I did the bad man's trick of putting it in the freezer for twenty minutes.

An hour and a half later I remebered that we were having wine with the already devoured roast.

Saved it from extinction but there was some ice-floes within the bottle. Wine was a little too cold but surprisingly nice.
Port is basically a red drink
Todd P
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by Todd P »

Thank goodness it was not a very expensive bottle!!

Todd
RonnieRoots
Fonseca 1980

Post by RonnieRoots »

This sounds very familiar! I must say it happened more than once to me.

The worst time was when I was working and we had to do a bar evening with a theatre performance. I needed to cool down a good load of beer fast so I stuck it in the freezer. We ended up not needing the beer, and I completely forgot about it. The next day I discovered a freezer full of beer slush puppy (some bottles of course exploded... you can imagine the mess).
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Done it with beer many times. I like the way that the bottle opens itself. Even more fun is having to leave them in the sink whilst they exude molten lager like a volcano.
Port is basically a red drink
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Schweppes

Post by jdaw1 »

My recollection is tonic. Schweppes, of course, but still exploded.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Yeap, made that beer/freezer mistake once too :?