2007 Château Musar

Anything but Port, this includes all wines other than fortified wines (which have their own section) even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
Forum rules
Anything but Port, this includes all non-Port fortified wines even if they call themselves Port. There is a search facility for this part of the forum.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

2007 Château Musar

Post by djewesbury »

I made dinner for a recently-displaced young lady whom I found removing items from my wardrobe earlier today.

This bottle was from Waitrose. I bought it to fill a space in a bag that had carried port to London.

Some slight bricking, a dark orange with a narrow clear rim. Not an intense nose, but a well-flavoured one, light smoky beefiness, a mere presence of cherries.
Lovely light, dry entry, with wood and some forest floor accompanying the light fruit (small fruit, redcurrants and such). Then the well balanced acid arrives to lift it, and the tannins finish on the tongue. A long, dry, spicy finish, with very light pepperiness that lasts more than a minute.

This is a bargain. Do they still carry it in Waitrose?
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...