Quinta Nova and Duorum

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Quinta Nova and Duorum

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Several years ago we were organising a tasting in which Nick Oakley of Oakley Wines (and who is the UK representative of Quinta Nova de Nossa Senhora do Carmo and Duorum) was going to attend. Unfortunately the event was postponed due to heavy snow and is yet to be rearranged.

Nick recently dropped me an email to see whether we would be interested in rescheduling. I would be interested in learning more about the ports of Quinta Nova and Durorum. We have a gap in our schedule in late September or early October. Would anyone else be interested in a "bring a bottle to share" tasting at which Nick is invited to bring (at our cost) some of the ports from Quinta Nova and Duorum and to dine as our guest?
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
flash_uk
Graham’s 1977

Re: Quinta Nova and Duorum

Post by flash_uk »

An evening where port will be served, ermm...[pause]...count me in, date permitting 88)

Edit: would the idea be to follow the theme in the original organising post...LBVs and Rubies?
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Quinta Nova and Duorum

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

flash_uk wrote:An evening where port will be served, ermm...[pause]...count me in, date permitting 88)

Edit: would the idea be to follow the theme in the original organising post...LBVs and Rubies?
No, my thought would be for us to bring a bottle to share with fellow port lovers - port but the type of port entirely open to the bringer. Nick is free to bring whatever he thought was appropriate given our tastes.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.