SF Bay Area X-mas offline

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Jay P
Fonseca Bin 27

SF Bay Area X-mas offline

Post by Jay P »

How about the lovely San Francisco Bay Area, USA for a venue? I live about 10 miles south of SF in the lovely city of Pacifica. Coordination on 12/12 may be difficult for us here in the US, so I would suggest either Friday or Saturday December 7th or 8th or alternatively December 14th or 15th

No spare bedrooms at my house, but the couch and living room floor are free, and ocean-front hotels within walking distance (downhill, of course)! 13 minute cab ride from SF International airport, ~20-25 minutes from downtown San Francisco.

My kitchen table fits 6 in a pinch, but if more are in I'm sure things could be arranged.

Theme to be detemined, but my cellar essentially ends at '63 for VP, or '34 (one bottle)/'37 for Colheita so lets not go crazy. But lets not do 2003 either.

Anybody interested?

Jay
Better things for better living through chemistry
Jay P
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by Jay P »

Oops, spoke to soon, it looks like I'm having family visiting on the 7/8th, so it would have to be the 14th or 15th.

Jay
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Jay

I'll graciously decline but wish you all a good time - I take it that the family who are visiting on 7/8 are not port lovers...
:shock:
Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

Jay,

I would love to join you but I'm afraid to say I can't swing the cost of a flight to the west coast for an offline :roll:

Have fun.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

I may be able to make it, just gotta check with work this week first.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

I'm knackered as well...as glorious as the area sounds, and as fun as the 2am 'I'm sure I'm sober' political conversation we'd have, would undoubtedly be. :D

Although Jdaw1 did show us how transatlantic Off-Line attendances are pheasible, it'll take a bit more planning.

Alan
Jay P
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by Jay P »

Conky

It's a shame we will miss each other, as you suggest we could wrestle at 2 AM to decide the relative merits of Maggie, Tony, and Gordon vs. George, George, and Bill. :D

Well, I look forward to meeting someday!

Jay