Thursday 18th December - the 2014 Xmas Offline

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Thursday 18th December - the 2014 Xmas Offline

Post by jdaw1 »

[url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=85651#p85651]Here[/url] jdaw1 wrote:The traditional gathering to taste bottles from the Unknown Shipper and His Peculiar Friends, in the Bell.

Links:
differentdave
Fonseca LBV

Post by differentdave »

Merry xmas guys, Hope you enjoy your offline. I am SOOO jealous of the ages of the wines you guys are gonna drink. Hope they all show well and everyone enjoys themselves!
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Sadly Phil, Daniel and I have had the most shocking treatment this evening at the Saffron Hotel by a relatively junior member of staff who was unbelievably confrontational and rude. Truly an appalling way to treat customers in a service industry.

Sadly, none of us will be staying here again and I intend to post my experience on trip advisor.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

AHB wrote:Sadly Phil, Daniel and I have had the most shocking treatment this evening at the Saffron Hotel by a relatively junior member of staff who was unbelievably confrontational and rude. Truly an appalling way to treat customers in a service industry.

Sadly, none of us will be staying here again and I intend to post my experience on trip advisor.
+1
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by RAYC »

My apologies for not making it - I came down sick pretty hard during the course of Wednesday / overnight and - in hindsight - was rather optimistic in hoping that i'd improve enough during the course of thursday to attend (just getting myself gingerly out of bed / bathroom now). If i'd been sufficiently compos mentis, i'd have remembered to arrange with Wolfgang to handover the sticky labels or warn others with enough time to reprint etc. - i hope there were not too many issues on the night.

Hope a good time was had by all - merry Xmas.
Rob C.
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

RAYC wrote:My apologies for not making it - I came down sick pretty hard during the course of Wednesday / overnight and - in hindsight - was rather optimistic in hoping that i'd improve enough during the course of thursday to attend (just getting myself gingerly out of bed / bathroom now). If i'd been sufficiently compos mentis, i'd have remembered to arrange with Wolfgang to handover the sticky labels or warn others with enough time to reprint etc. - i hope there were not too many issues on the night.

Hope a good time was had by all - merry Xmas.
It was a shame you couldn't be with us; I hope you're fully recovered soon. Regarding the placemats etc, we coped admirably without, and had an excellent evening with a diverse selection of old ports - many delicious - and only one tawny! Will write something more substantial in reviews later; Just wanted to wish you a speedy recovery.