10th April - Davy's does Portugal

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

10th April - Davy's does Portugal

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Is anyone interested in participating in Davy's Portuguese night on Thursday 10th April?
Davy's Website wrote:Thursday 10th April 6.30pm - Davy's at Woolgate, EC2V 5HA

Portugal is a truly unique wine growing country with its wealth of native grape varieties and terroirs from mountainous regions to more maritime climates, which produces a wide range of styles from crisp dry whites to full bodied spicy reds and of course the wonder that is Port. It is thought that grapes have been grown in the country for over 4000 years. The Symington family started making wine in the Douro in 1882 and became famous for producing some of the world’s greatest Ports, now in their fifth generation the family also make fantastic dry wines. This fascinating masterclass will give you a great insight into this country and the Symington family wines including:
Altano Branco
Altano Reserva
Post Scriptum
Chryseia
Dow's 1980 Vintage Port

The tasting will be followed by a two-course supper.

MAIN COURSE
Feijoada with shredded pork (a traditional Portuguese stew)
PUDDING
Portuguese custard tarts

PER TICKET £49.95add to basket
I've been to a few of Davy's tastings and generally enjoy them considerably, and usually persuade the host manager to allow us to stay on a little later drinking things we brought with us to accompany the port included in the event. I might be out of the UK on this date, but if I was certain to be available then I would be attending.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.