Douro Wine tasting in London (October 31st)

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Douro Wine tasting in London (October 31st)

Post by Axel P »

My wine friends in London,

another time to be jealous about your location. On October 31st there is a wine tasting with quite a few producers in London. The participatores are:

1 Quinta da Leda
2 Quinta do Vale Meão
3 Duas Quintas
4 Chryseia
5 Churchill Estate
6 Altano
7 Quinta de Roriz
8 Quinta de Macedos
9 Quinta Vale D. Maria
10 Wine & Soul
11 Poeira
12 Quinta de la Rosa
13 Quinta do Crasto
14 Xisto
15 Lavradores de Feitoria
16 Niepoort
17 Quinta do Vallado
18 Quinta da Gaivosa

Furhter infos are available from: d.muhr@wine-partners.at
http://www.wine-partners.at

I will be drinking Vesuvios the day before in Berlin. If anyone attends, please let me know how it was.

Axel
Frederick Blais
Taylor’s LBV

Post by Frederick Blais »

It is exactly the same line up I had while at the Vintage House in Portugal. You'll mainly taste the 2005 red and 2006 white. You might want to try the new coming Quinta de Macedos that are making very interesting wines and also a very special white from Quitna da Gaivosa aged 2-3 years in barrel, I don't remember the name but it is very good and very special.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

The Duoro wines are definitley recieving increased publicity, and I'm sure they are worthy of it. I've only tried a couple, and haven't yet stumbled across a £5-£8 bottle that can join my growing number of late night companions. When I've asked around, I've received blank looks when asking if anyone has a Duoro favourite.
People are going to take a while to recognise these wines. France and Italy are easily recognisable by regions, and the rest of the world by grapes. I think Portugal will struggle on this front.
Also, Axel, thanks for the information, but 2 days notice is a bit sharp. In my world, I'd consider London for Port, but not wine. Always nice to be aware though.

Alan
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Alan,

Give the Ramos Pinto Adriano dry red wine a shot. Its only about $8 here, so I would imagine its maybe 3-4 pounds for you. Decant it for an hour or two and its a darn good QPR wine.
Conky
Fonseca 1980

Post by Conky »

Andy,

Cheers for that, I'll keep my eyes open in the local Off-Licence and Supermarkets.

Alan
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

sorry, Alan, for the short notice, but Ive just been made aware of this tasting. Hopefully some of you can take part.

Axel