Mini Off-line in London on 19th Oct 07

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Mini Off-line in London on 19th Oct 07

Post by DRT »

AHB and I are meeting at The Crusting Pipe (where else :roll: ) at 3pm on Friday 19th October for a late lunch and a small intake of port. We both plan to leave by around 5pm as we have other places to go that evening.

The theme for the event is Bring a Half Bottle of Port Wrapped in Tinfoil.

Others are welcome to join us if they have a couple of hours spare, are in the general area and have a half bottle of port wrapped in tinfoil to hand.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I can provide the tinfoil if a lack of tinfoil is putting anyone off joining us...

I must say, I'm rather pleased with the plethora of drinking sessions that seem to be following me around at the moment. If anyone wants an excuse to open a nice bottle of port then please let me know and I'll see if I can be there. :lol:

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

Alex you're also quite the world tourist at the moment. See you in a couple weeks. And I'll have some tin foil waiting for you :wink: :lol:
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Does it have to be tin? I only have alluminium foil, because it's cheaper and easier to buy in Morrison's, what with tin being a semi-precious metal and all that. If I were to turn up with a half bottle wrapped in alluminium foil would I be rejected? Could I borrow some of Al B's superior tin foil? Is it something to do with the eloctrolyte properties of tin that make this such a specific requirement?
Port is basically a red drink
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Yes it does have to be tinfoil, although it can be tinfoil manufactured from aluminium (or aluminum in some parts of the world). The critical thing is that it must be indistinguishable from my tinfoil after one half bottle of port per person has been consumed.

If we are particularly worried about the electrolytic properties of the foil used to wrap the port...

...then we have clearly not drunk enough port.

Alex

PS - meaningless drivel I think please
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.