Berry Brothers Port Walk 29th November

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Ajm218
Cruz Ruby

Berry Brothers Port Walk 29th November

Post by Ajm218 »

Hi guys,

I'm new to the board but have been lurking for a while. Just found out that I've got tickets for this year's BBr port walk after they had a cancellation. Is anyone else going? What are people's experience - I've heard good things...

Andrew
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: Berry Brothers Port Walk 29th November

Post by RAYC »

Good to hear from you - I overlooked the original email from BBR and missed out!

Still on the waiting list and hoping....

Unfortunately I believe a number of others also on the board who usually go missed out this year, which is a pity - it is a very good event. The review from those who went last year is here

Judging by the number of 77s that went on their retail list recently (including Fonseca), i wouldn't be surprised if you had a rather good line-up. Probably also the rather lovely Gould 66, and a couple of other nice old Symington bottles i'm sure.

Do als feel free to sign for one of the London offlines as well if you are interested! (usually held at a Davy's restuarant in Holborn)
Rob C.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello to a Surrey cricket fan. As Rob says, Berry Bros usually arrange a good evening. Enjoy.
benread
Niepoort 1977

Post by benread »

jdaw1 wrote:Hello to a Surrey cricket fan. As Rob says, Berry Bros usually arrange a good evening. Enjoy.
Surrey Cricket fan? A member? You are not alone here, if so! Port tasting at cricket is not unknown...
Ben
-------
Vintage 1970 and now proud owner of my first ever 'half-century'!
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I was another one of the people who usually go to the Port Walk but missed out this year. They are usually really good events where you get to try a variety of different ports.

Please let us know what wines were on show and what you thought of them when you have been.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Ajm218
Cruz Ruby

Post by Ajm218 »

The day is finally upon us and am getting pretty excited about it - anyone heard or seen anything about the ports for tonight?
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by RAYC »

Even more frustrating than missing out on tickets...was receiving them following a customer return and having to then give them up due to work.

Happily, PhilW and THRA are the beneficiaries of my misfortune so will be joining you tonight
Rob C.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

anyone heard or seen anything about the ports for tonight?
No - will wait and see!
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Moved review to review thread/forum, where I should have posted it in the first place.