The Big TPF Douro Offline?

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

The Big TPF Douro Offline?

Post by DRT »

We have previously discussed the idea of a TPF trip to VNG and the Douro and an oportunity opened up for me today that caused me to check the price of flights in mid-May 08.

Good old Ryanair are currently offering return flights to Oporto from Stanstead and Liverpool for as little at £37 including taxes :shock:

The dates that work for me are Saturday 11th to Wednesday 14th May. Before I get too excited can others please let me know whether or not there is interest in organising a trip and also whether or not these dates are anywhere close to being suitable.

From previous discussions I imagine this to be a fairly rough and ready kind of affair. Sleeping in lagares is not out of the question :?

I have an open-ended invitation for dinner and an overnight stay at a famous Quinta and a couple of invitations for visits to other Quinta's. Hopefully others could bring additional contacts together so that we can organise a memorable trip 88)

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
SimonSaysDrink
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by SimonSaysDrink »

Very, very interested. Friends (huz and wyfee) coming to visit from US for 6-8 days, potentially in April, potentially in May. If I had dates to give them, along with an opportunity like this, they might be down. 4 days split between the Douro and Deutschland doesn't seem like too bad a deal.
'The quickest way to end world hunger is to make fast food faster.' - William & Harry's Polka-Bot Explosion, Planet Earth's First Touring XBox 360 'Rock Star' Band
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Sadly, I would be interested but not able to make the dates. I've booked 4 weeks of holiday in South Africa in August, which leaves with virtually no discretionary holiday for the rest of the year.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by Axel P »

That sounds very interesting. A weeekend later would suit me better though.

Axel
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

I have an invitation to be back here in Thailand mid May, which I'll probably tie in with a trip to China, so not terribly conveniant...

I'll be going to the Fallas fiesta in Valencia by car this year, and plan to take a scenic detour on the way home. There will be space in the boot if anyone wants anything collected!

Tom
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill