LONDON offline with tsunami possible jan.30 -jan.31 or feb.1

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Tsunami
Cheap Ruby

LONDON offline with tsunami possible jan.30 -jan.31 or feb.1

Post by Tsunami »

hallo forumites,

i will be in london for 3 days :lol:

all eavenings are fine for us (andrea and i)

any one like to help organising?

it also would be fun doing an smal offline in privat, i would love help cooking :wink:

btw.
we need a place to stay, because we do not know yet were a offline will happen, and we don't want to go far after :shock: port drinking, we did not book any place to stay.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Tsunami, there are only a couple of actual London-based people on the site. Some of us can get down for an off-line but we normally hang out at a place in Covent Garden called The Crusting Pipe. Despite your qualifications they may not allow you to take over the kitchens.
Port is basically a red drink
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

I'm not currently planning on being in London on any of the three days that you have suggested, but I can probably make arrangements to meet up with you on the evening of either the 30th or 31st.

As Alex has suggested, the Crusting Pipe in Covent Garden is a convenient location for a tasting and is quite used to us by now. If it's a small and informal group then there is no need to reserve a table as there is always space. They also have quite a good list of port available either by the glass or by the bottle - for example, we are buying some of their stock of Delaforce '85 to go with our meal on the Monday night. You can find out more about the Crusting Pipe from their website here.

If you are looking for somewhere at the budget end of London prices that is convenient for Covent Garden, you can look to see if there are rooms available at the Travelodge nearby.

Let's see if anyone else is available to meet for a glass of port while you are over.

Alex
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by KillerB »

Send BirDungy a PM to retrieve your Ports and see if he is available.
Port is basically a red drink
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I have just remembered that I have a business social event in London on 31st Jan but do not know what time it will start and finish. If it finishes early and you guys are supping port at The Crusting Pipe you may see me there.

Please don't choose 31st Jan just to suit me as I can't promise to be there so if there is a better date for others please just go for it.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

I am told my presence at the work thing is only required until around 8 so if it is the 31st I'm in :cool:
Last edited by DRT on 08:41 Mon 14 Jan 2008, edited 1 time in total.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Wednesday 30th January would work for me, from 7pm onwards.

Post by jdaw1 »

Wednesday 30th January would work for me, from 7pm onwards.
Tsunami
Cheap Ruby

Post by Tsunami »

we are also open for more than one eavening to meet people :wink: