Tue 16th August - Is August too hot for port?

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Tue 16th August - Is August too hot for port?

Post by DRT »

uncle tom wrote:Shall bring a bottle from my second most recent purchase. Significant for someone present, but for who or why will be for others to guess, so my bottle will be foil wrapped..
Ah! The elusive 1965 Noval Nacional !! - thanks, Tom, you are a gentleman :wink:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:I have not yet remembered the thing that I had all but forgotten that was making me doubt whether or not I can make this so I remain optimistic.
Charles: I’ll remind him of the life-coach homilies once you’ve decanted. Post when it is done.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

jdaw1 wrote:
DRT wrote:I have not yet remembered the thing that I had all but forgotten that was making me doubt whether or not I can make this so I remain optimistic.
Charles: I’ll remind him of the life-coach homilies once you’ve decanted. Post when it is done.
This is not going to help me avoid the homilies but I have a sneaking suspicion that the thing I nearly forgot and couldn't quite remember but have now nearly remembered involves the Scottish Malt Whisky Society.

It is all becoming clear.

Charles - decant the bottle.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
idj123
Morgan 1991

Post by idj123 »

My bottle single decanted at 6.30am. All seemed in order. Expected arrival time of 6.30pm.