The London premiere of A Year in Port is pencilled in for September 12th, but I'm not aware of any firm arrangements.
However, last night the creativity was flowing and we came up with a number of interesting ideas for future offlines:
- A small 1970 horizontal
- A 1970 in magnum horizontal
- A 1977 in magnum (or larger) horizontal in early February 2017
- A Smith Woodhouse vertical
- A 1986 horizontal (possibly combined in a matrix format with 1987 and/or 1988 and / or 1985) to allow those who have not tasted the 1986 vintage for themselves to see how good these wines are
- In 2024 a Quinta do Vesuvio 1994 Nebuchadnezzar (15 litre) "tasting"
My main contribution to a SW vertical would be a bottle of the 1963. I've also got 1983, 1985, 1997, 2000 and 2011.
Between us we have got or should be able to get hold of reasonably easily:
- Cavadinha 1987,
- Fonseca Guimaraens 1988,
- Malvedos 1986 / 1987,
- Terra Feita 1986,
- Vargellas 1986 / 1987 / 1988