The Habit - Proposed Venue

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
Dipso
Cruz Ruby

The Habit - Proposed Venue

Post by Dipso »

Hi everyone,

I hope this is fine to post in this section though mods please move if you need to.

I work for Davy's and currently manage The Habit which is located between Aldgate and Tower Hill stations. It's a great little basement wine bar with traditional decor and wine paraphernalia - much like the Boot & Flogger in style. I know some of you hold tastings at various Davy's bars including the Flogger, Bunghole, Bangers and Canary Wharf to name a few and I would like to put forward The Habit as a potential venue for any future tastings and events you organise.

We have a few private rooms - one of which is a boardroom which can sit up to 10 people. For larger functions we can draw a curtain across half of the restaurant in the evenings for seated tables of up to 30 people in a private area. We are generally fairly quiet in the evenings as we tend to take the majority of our trade during lunch times, which means the private areas are quiet, spacious and undisturbed and would make great tasting rooms.

I've hosted a couple of your tastings before, once at Woolgate Exchange last year and another at Canary Wharf around 3 years ago. I'm a training sommelier with a few qualifications and have a significant amount of fine wine experience in regards to storage, decanting and serving (and drinking!). I really enjoy hosting such events and work closely with the organiser to ensure everything runs smoothly.

More info about The Habit can be found here: http://www.davy.co.uk/wine-bar/habit/ (though please ignore the 22:00 close time - we're licensed until midnight).

You can contact myself on 0207 481 1131 or habit@davy.co.uk

I hopefully look forward to seeing some of you soon!

Alex

DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: The Habit - Proposed Venue

Post by DRT »

Alex,

Thank you for your post and for showing initiative in attempting to lure us to your establishment.

I suspect a small scouting party will arrive fairly soon :wink:

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

DRT wrote:Thank you for your post and for showing initiative in attempting to lure us to your establishment.

I suspect a small scouting party will arrive fairly soon :wink:
Seconded.

To be fair to you, allow something about us. We will order a small number of beers, and much tap water, but eat heartily. We bring our own Port. We are charming and no more than slightly flirtatious. If there are n of us, and hence about 1¼n bottles, we will need 1¼n² white-wine glasses (and a few spares). So 4 people ⇒ 20 glasses + spares; 8 people ⇒ 80 glasses +; 12 people ⇒ 180 glasses +. We really use lots of glasses. To assist with stock management we pre-order food: the food order will come a few days before (e.g.: 04Apr2016, 24Feb2016, 08Feb2016, 15Dec2015, 25Nov2015). No corkage; generous tip. We are, in our own peculiar way, very good customers.

Important question: does Habit do skinny fries? Edit: menu says yes! And the Davy’s cheese & bacon burger. And and Bramley apple & blackberry crumble with custard! Scouting party ahoy!!
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Post by Glenn E. »

jdaw1 wrote:Scouting party ahoy!!
I wish I were in London. :(
Glenn Elliott