Anyone in Boston

Organise events to meet up and drink Port.
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Anyone in Boston

Post by mosesbotbol »

Figured I ask... Would like to do a port night, but can't find serious port drinkers around here :crying:
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Anyone in Boston

Post by jdaw1 »

Make some noise.
• Are there local wine-tasting groups? Ask them.
• Are there local wine merchants who sell good Port. Ask if they have regular Port customers. Ask if they would forward a message from you to their regular wine buyers.
• Is there a Boston-online forum? A Boston mothers forum? (Some might like Port, some might have other halves who like Port.)
• Go to wine-merchants’ tastings, especially fortifieds and stickies, and ask permission to make a one-minute speech. Make it. Have cards — TPF, or any other.
Make some noise.
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

I know some guys from the best port selling store and we've done a couple tastings, but they think a bottle per person port night is out of control... I have a couple of casual port friends, but nothing like us :roll:

I like your suggestions, thanks.
F1 | Welsh Corgi | Did Someone Mention Port?
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

The NY port tasting team started at a commercial double-vertical of Taylor and Fonseca (review) in December 2007, fronted by Roy Hersh. I stood up and spoke for a minute (paraphrase: want to arrange tastings, need people with whom to drink) and that worked well. Go to tastings (big reds, stickies, fortifieds, whiskies) and do the spiel. There are people who want what you want. There are people who don’t know that they want what you want, but when shown they will want it. Find them.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

Surprisingly. I actually just arrived in Boston

Unfortunately no time for drinks Moses

Hopefully next time!
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz