1966 Sandeman

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
KillerB
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

1966 Sandeman VP

Post by KillerB »

From Crusting Pipe off-line:
The musky noes that was on the 1963 was here again showing that it is unlikely to be a fault and more of a feature of the wine. First note of any nuts that I found with distinct almond flavour, almost marzipan. Considerably more lively than the 1963 and showing that my second ever Sandeman wasn't going to be my second-last. I got to take this home with me which meant walking around tube and railway stations with an opened bottle of booze in my hands looking for all the World like a down and out hobo. Finished it off at home with Lady K and it was an extremely pleasant way to finish the day. Not sure that I would go to the effort and expense of buying this myself as the following notes will show.
mosesbotbol
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by mosesbotbol »

Just had the 66 Sandeman last night. Quite good. TN's to be posted soon, as it was a group effort to write them down. In my hungover reflection; this port is in its prime right now.