2015 Taylor LBV

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

2015 Taylor LBV

Post by JacobH »

I opened this following the discussion of “Cellar Defenders" since I realised I don’t drink as much Taylor LBV as I thought I did!

Notes: Filtered. No bottling date but I assume 2019. Fairly solid red throughout. Dark but never quite opaque. Nose is good. Concentrated fruit with some grapes. Like a youngish, light VP. In the mouth, quite light sweetness and acidity. Good fruit- some cherry and red currants. Reasonable amount of tannins. Aftertaste is not particularly long but is nice with receding fruits and sugars. This is pretty good Port. Blind guessing it, I would have said it was a much more expensive bottle.

Date: 5th September 2020

Rated*: P+

http://www.jacob-head.com/port/records/ ... r_2015_LBV

* A Note on Ratings

My rating system attempts to answer the question “is this a good Port?” one of three ways: N—No; P—Possibly; or C—Certainly. Ports generally are rated against others of their category. Therefore, a Ruby Port which I rate as C for Certainly good, might not be as good as a Vintage Port which receives the same rating. I sometimes modify my rating with a plus or minus indicating that the Port is better or worse than might be expected for this category.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 2015 Taylor LBV

Post by JacobH »

I've opened another bottle of this. I hadn't previously appreciate that the selo is not one that goes over the cork but, instead one of those ones that is stuck on the back of the bottle. There is a "selo" over the cork but it is plain black with the Royal Warrant on the bottom bit where the IVDP logo would usually be.

Is it unreasonable to be unreasonably annoyed about this? For some reason it greatly offends me...
MigSU
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Re: 2015 Taylor LBV

Post by MigSU »

I too am a fan of the over-the-cork selo. It makes me feel safe.