NV Quevedo White 10YO (bottled 2020)

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
akzy
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

NV Quevedo White 10YO (bottled 2020)

Post by akzy »

Tasted on 30/07/20 as part of the Quevedo white port tasting hosted by Oscar Quevedo, the BFT and VWP.

This port is currently not available in shops as Quevedo believes it requires a bit more work.

A similar colour to the reserve white (perhaps a smidge darker). The nose here was much punchier than reserve tasted prior, with earthier, nuttier notes. I think the mouth, I think this is what Quevedo want to develop - a little rough, perhaps too bitter. The taste however is quite pleasant, first comes a nice caramel which quickly disspears into a pecan/ hazelnutty taste, slightly smokey even, which lingers to the end.

Needs a bit of development but the ingredients are there for a good 10YO white port 13.5/20.
JacobH
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: NV Quevedo 10YO white

Post by JacobH »

Tasting 3

Notes: A non-commercial cask sample. Darker than the reserve white. More amber-brown. Concentrated toffee on the nose. Very little fruit. Much drier than the reserve white in the mouth. Limited acidity. Sometimes a touch of mint or eucalyptus. Lovely long aftertaste but, unfortunately, with a touch of bitterness. Not as good as the reserve white: just not as expressive and luxurious.

Tasted at: Quevedo Virtual White Port Tasting

Date: 30th July 2020

Rated*: P

http://www.jacob-head.com/port/records/ ... -Old-White

* A Note on Ratings

My rating system attempts to answer the question “is this a good Port?” one of three ways: N—No; P—Possibly; or C—Certainly. Ports generally are rated against others of their category. Therefore, a Ruby Port which I rate as C for Certainly good, might not be as good as a Vintage Port which receives the same rating. I sometimes modify my rating with a plus or minus indicating that the Port is better or worse than might be expected for this category.