2017 Quinta do Noval Nacional

Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
Forum rules
Tasting notes for individual Ports, with an index sorted by vintage and alphabetically.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 2017 Noval Nacional

Post by jdaw1 »

NickA
Fonseca Bin 27

Post by NickA »

B2: Not dissimilar (to previous port, the Noval). Bright sweet fruits but with more concentration on nose and fuller tannin. Grippy acids. Good intensity and concentration on palate with firm tannic finish. Longer term prospect? {Noval Nacional)
rich_n
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by rich_n »

Not much on the nose for me here, red fruits in the palate. Nice tannic structure that suggests it may age a long way into the future. I'd like to try this once the 17s really hit their strides in a couple of decades. Good
forest26
Warre’s Otima 10 year old Tawny

Post by forest26 »

(sighted tasting) Deep purple beautiful expressive nose, stands out with spice. Refined palate, smooth fruit driven refined great intensity nicely balanced. A beautiful wine. 98pts. I tasted this again later (Blind): Red fruit, good balance clearly a wine for the long term with plenty of structure and tannins - all the hall marks are there of a great wine - Nacional? 97.