Real Companhia Velha Vintage Port 1982

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
sclancy
Cruz Ruby

Real Companhia Velha Vintage Port 1982

Post by sclancy »

New member who is not a port guy - Looking for offers to purchase 1 - 4 bottles of unopened/sealed vintage port. Bottles have been stored between 60-70 degrees since acquired in the late '80s (only recently disturbed/moved). Note that this was a special private reserve series/bottling for executives of the Crown, Cork and Seal company. Please ask any questions. More pics will be forthcoming.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Real Companhia Velha Vintage Port 1982

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello. welcome to :tpf:.

Please say where you are, how you obtained these bottles, and how they have been stored.
sclancy
Cruz Ruby

Post by sclancy »

Ahh. Sorry. I am located in Richmond, VA (USA). The bottles were acquired by my father in '98-'99 directly from company for whom they were specially bottled/produced in Portugal. He transported them back to the States and they have been passively stored ever since - def no light and no temp extremes (60-70 degree temps, very slow swings in the basement of a 100yr stone house).
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Shame you're in the States or Derek would definitely buy these..
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

djewesbury wrote:Shame you're in the States or Derek would definitely buy these..
:shock:
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

S Clancy: some explanation to help you. RCV from the 1980s is typically not good port. And sometimes terrible. So enthusiasm amongst those who know Port might be slight. Consider using these bottles as gifts — especially to somebody born in 1982.

Note for others: these have also been offered for sale in a thread on :ftlop2014:.
sclancy
Cruz Ruby

Post by sclancy »

djewesbury wrote:Shame you're in the States or Derek would definitely buy these..
I assume overseas shipping cost would be prohibitive? (or is it impossible to get undeclared alcohol through customs?) (or both?)
sclancy
Cruz Ruby

Post by sclancy »

jdaw1 wrote:S Clancy: some explanation to help you. RCV from the 1980s is typically not good port. And sometimes terrible. So enthusiasm amongst those who know Port might be slight. Consider using these bottles as gifts — especially to somebody born in 1982.

Note for others: these have also been offered for sale in a thread on :ftlop2014:.

Julian: Fair enough....Helpful info, thanks. Also I assume cross posting is not prohibited. Mods: if it is, I will remove.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

Here, on TPF, posting links is encouraged.

Elsewhere has its own more restrictive rules.
sclancy wrote:I assume overseas shipping cost would be prohibitive? (or is it impossible to get undeclared alcohol through customs?) (or both?)
Expensive. Difficult. And for four bottles of little worth, not worth the effort.

Also, the comment to which you replied was unhelpful. DRT bought some RCV 1983, which was undrinkably terrible.