Taylor 1955

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
crinklyfox
Cruz Ruby

Taylor 1955

Post by crinklyfox »

Hello, I'm new to this forum. I've been a Port drinker for many years and occasionally treated myself to a bottle that's a bit better than ordinary. I'm semi-retired now so don't buy as much of the good stuff as I used to.

I recently bought some Port at an auction, the auction company did house clearances so I'm guessing that's where it was from one such clearance. When I examined the bottles I found one without a label, but the seal displayed 'Taylor 1955 Oporto'. My heart wants me to drink it but my head tells me that if its valuable then I can't turn down an enhancement to the pension. So if anyone is interested in buying it please let me know.

I wouldn't risk sending this through the post so it would have to be collected - I live in Burgess Hill, West Sussex.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Re: Taylor 1955

Post by DRT »

Hi,

Welcome to :tpf:

I would strongly recommend that you drink this bottle, perhaps on a special occasion.

Given the uncertain provenance you might get £100, perhaps a little more. It will not enhance you pension so much as it would enhance a nice dinner with friends who would appreciate sharing it with you.

Or, if you enjoy Port and fancy a trip into London you could use it as a ticket to attend one of our tastings where you could share in similar delights provided by the other attendees.

Derek
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn