Fonseca 1963 for sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
kibbles
Cruz Ruby

Fonseca 1963 for sale

Post by kibbles »

Hi All
I have inherited 2 bottles of Fonseca 1963 and 1 bottle of Lidador (matured in oak barrels) 1967. I have been told by a dealer they would offer me half retail(around 120-150 each; unsure about the Lidador). The port was originally stored in a cellar and is currently under my stairs where it is around 14 degrees constantly. Bottles are on there sides. I also had a bottle of wine society port from the 80s and a grahams vintage 2000 - I and a friend drank them they were superb - well I thought so;)

The Fonseca looks very good; part of the label? over the cork and seal has rubbed off on 1 bottle - both have port past the necks - if that is the right words!?
I'll be honest I know what they are worth, BUT am not an expert and do not want to guzzle these beauties down when they are worth a small sum and do not have the expertise/experience of being a porto drinker - so im offering them for sale if any one is interested?

I live in Hampshire in the UK near Havant if anyone is interested - then email me

Thanks and have a merry Christmas - Hic
:)
PS I am happy to send pictures to any potential buyer.
Axel P
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Re: Fonseca 1963 for sale

Post by Axel P »

could you please send me some pictures if still available to axelprobst@worldofport.de
worldofport.com
o-port-unidade.com