Quinta do Noval Nacional 2004

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
RPA
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Quinta do Noval Nacional 2004

Post by RPA »

I was lucky enough to receive an allocation of the recently released Quinta do Noval Nacional 2004 Vintage Port. These have now been delivered directly to my storage facility (Octavian in Wiltshire) in bond. I thought it prudent (who knows how I justify these things to myself - I think my decision had something to do with there only being 190 cases made) to take up this allocation at the time, but have since decided I'd like to re-allocate the funds, and therefore I'm willing to sell these at cost price. They can either be transferred to your own bonded facility, or you can take delivery. However please note the latter option will incur duty and VAT.

If anyone is interested, please contact me by private message.

Russ
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Quinta do Noval Nacional 2004

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Russ, please let us know in due course whether you had any response from your post here. Your feedback will be helpful for others in the future when they consider whether to post similar messages here.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
RPA
Cockburn’s Special Reserve

Post by RPA »

AHB wrote:Russ, please let us know in due course whether you had any response from your post here. Your feedback will be helpful for others in the future when they consider whether to post similar messages here.
Of course Alex. However, so far the offer has received no bites. Slightly surprised by this as the demand on release for Nacional (at cost price at least - they are already available at an inflated price in the secondary market) normally outstrips supply, hence being allocated. Perhaps the 2004 isn't proving very popular! Will give it some time and see what happens, and will obviously report back here.
RAYC
Taylor Quinta de Vargellas 1987

Post by RAYC »

The release price was already quite full, I thought (equal to the 2011 Noval Nacional, from BBR at least).

I would imagine that many people on this board - if they were interested in a few bottles of Noval Nacional 2004 - will have already purchased from Noval direct or through a merchant, so lack of response here is not necessarily surprising or indicative of wider demand.
Rob C.