Case of Dow 1985 - FOR SALE

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
jcb123
Cruz Ruby

Case of Dow 1985 - FOR SALE

Post by jcb123 »

I have a case (12 bottles) of Dow 1985 vintage port that I was given as a christening present, but it is wasted on me and so I am wanting to sell the whole case.

Location - Hereford, UK
Storage - In a garage

If anyone is interested or wants to know more just leave me a message.

Many thanks,
Jonny
Last edited by jcb123 on 11:05 Mon 07 Jul 2014, edited 1 time in total.
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Case of Dow 1985 - FOR SALE

Post by jdaw1 »

Hello Jonny.

• Where are you? Or, a mite more usefully, in which country is the Port, and approximately where within that?

• Where has this christening present been stored? Have you had it since it was released?

• And have you read our Standard advice to would-be vendors?
The team, in our [url=http://www.theportforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=8296]Standard advice to would-be vendors[/url], wrote:If you were given these bottles as a christening present, we advise that you hold them. When you are thirty or forty years old it will give you great pleasure to open with friends bottles you will have owned since you were a toddler. (Recall Alan Clark on Heseltine: ‟he had to buy all his furniture”. Your friends will have had to buy their own wine; yours came to you as a child.) Selling will net you small money; holding and drinking later can give you great pleasure.
Edit: Farr Vintners have D85 at £450 per dozen.
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Depending on storage conditions and the other details that JDAW lists above, this might be of interest.
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
jcb123
Cruz Ruby

Post by jcb123 »

Port is located in Hereford, UK and has been stored in the garage. Hope this helps :)
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

jcb123 wrote:and has been stored in the garage.
Please say more about the garage.