Case of .375l Kopke 1977 Colheita

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
lalowine
Cruz Ruby

Case of .375l Kopke 1977 Colheita

Post by lalowine »

A friend has a case that may possibly be for sale - any idea what the value is? Not sure of storage conditions, I have pictures, but really just starting to do the research. Thank you for any input!
Glenn E.
Graham’s 1977

Re: Case of .375l Kopke 1977 Colheita

Post by Glenn E. »

When was it bottled? The bottling date is usually found on the back label on Kopke Colheitas. That can pretty dramatically affect the value, as the longer the Port has been kept in cask prior to bottling the more mature and tawny it will be.
Glenn Elliott
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

And where are the bottles located. Prices are very different in different countries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
lalowine
Cruz Ruby

Post by lalowine »

I will check on when it was bottled - it is located in the US and I will get the city/state info when I get the date bottled.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers :)
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

lalowine wrote:I will check on when it was bottled - it is located in the US and I will get the city/state info when I get the date bottled.

Thanks for your help!

Cheers :)
As Glenn and I live on the west coast, it's safe to assume we may have an interest. Depends on location, price, and provenance.