Real Vinicola for sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
coops
Cruz Ruby

Real Vinicola for sale

Post by coops »

I have two bottles of real vinicola corval with an IVP stamp (not ivdp) and the volume in pints and . They came from an old uncle who was a publican and I think he put them in the cellar in the 1960's-70's. they were in a box with some older ports - had six originally - they taste fantastic
Im not sure what year and am trying to find out the vintage the only infomation I have is the IVP number GK365253
The bottle is short not sure how to post an image here - Im in Melbourne Australia
Thanks in advance
Alex Bridgeman
Graham’s 1948

Re: Real Vinicola for sale

Post by Alex Bridgeman »

Corval is a quinta owned by Real Companhia Velha and Real Vinicola is one of RCV's brands. Corval made some single quinta ports from time to time and the port fans in Sweden (http://www.vintageport.se/house/QuintaCorval.php) have noted that there was a 1963 vintage released. This could be what you have in your posession, perhaps in a half bottle format if the bottle is short but not dumpy.

Value-wise, what you have is pretty rare and there may be some people willing to pay above the odds for such a bottle just to get one - but most of these people will be in Europe or the US. If the bottles are in good condition and have been well stored since coming out of your Uncle's cellar then in the UK you might expect to sell this for around £20-30 per bottle with the possibility of a bidding war between two keen collectors pushing the price up to something closer to £100. Obviously much less if you have half bottles.

The easiest way to post a picture is to post your picture on to a picture hosting website such as FlickR and then to post a link to the hosting website using the "Img" tab above the area where you type.
Top Ports in 2023: Taylor 1896 Colheita, b. 2021. A perfect Port.

2024: Niepoort 1900 Colheita, b.1971. A near perfect Port.
coops
Cruz Ruby

Re: Real Vinicola for sale

Post by coops »

Hi all and thanks AHB
The Real Vinicola is a dumpy bottle not just a small half bottle
I have posted the images on flicker www.flickr.com/photos/100816353@N06/
This is what is up for offer
1 x Btl Hardys Reserve Bin Show Port 1954
1 x Btl Hardys Reserve Bin Show Port 1943
2 x Btl Real Vinicola Port Corval GK 365653 1968?
5 x Btl Cuvee Dom Perignon 1988 Boxed
1 x Btl Moet & Chandon Grand Vintage 2002
1 x Btl All Saints Port Ceramic Bottle

Thanks for all your help