Taylors 1992 Vintage port for sale

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
LGTrotter
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Taylors 1992 Vintage port for sale

Post by LGTrotter »

And this after being depicted as a bearded paltroon complete with gingham napkin!

I am wondering what the response should be. To err is human, to forgive...
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

This is a blow...
Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 21.16.43.png
Screen Shot 2013-09-18 at 21.16.43.png (44.57 KiB) Viewed 5437 times
There are definitely Parker-wise people there who would have noticed.

Don't worry about the gingham, your secret is safe here.
"The first duty of Port is to be red"
Ernest H. Cockburn
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

LGTrotter wrote:And this;

https://www.winelegend.com/Newsletter/HTM/884.htm

I just remembered seeing it as one of those wines on a 'Parker 100 point wine dinner'. Anyway it does not detract from the 98 points cropping up all over the place and as g-man says you would have thought that Taylors would be up to date with what their points are.

the note though is rivani's note but the score is this mysterious 100pt.
that note is the one given the 98.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

DRT wrote:
You could be onto something. That article says he rated it 100pts in 2008. His initial rating of 98+ would have been in 2005. Perhaps he revised his rating at a later tasting?

Actually I vaguely recall an article written in the hedonist by Jay Miller acutally talking about the Taylor 2003 with a 100 pter while he had a scoop of ice cream or was it chocolate cake? in his mouth.

There was the mention of the 100 pts but no actual score and wasn't published in the WA as an official score.

That might potentially be the source of this 100 pt, my google search fails me in finding this particular write up though by Jay Miller.
LGTrotter

Post by LGTrotter »

Have you had a look at the Berry's note, this does seem to be different to the one on wine legends. I have found Berry's late with updating their notes but not inaccurate.

However it seems rather churlish of me to try to back out of the earlier mea culpae with all these diversionary tactics.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

LGTrotter wrote:rather churlish of me to try to back out of the earlier mea culpae with all these diversionary tactics.
That works here :wink:

I have gone fishing.
Ernest H. Cockburn
LGTrotter

Post by LGTrotter »

I see you have had a nibble.

I'm still not sure what the answer is. If I have understood this aright it would seem that it has been rated officially as 98 by Robin (Rovani) and unofficially rated as 100 by Batman (Parker) more recently. I shall not suggest that as Robin has now been defrocked perhaps his score is undermined.
DRT
Fonseca 1966

Post by DRT »

DRT wrote:I have gone fishing.
We have the answer.
Ernest H. Cockburn
idj123
Morgan 1991

Post by idj123 »

At a Dreweatts auction today, a case of Taylor's 92 sold for £700 (so £825 inc Buyer's Premium)-somewhat shy of the asking price here!
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

I suspect that Mr. ‟olliestreek” has left his mobile number because he has no intention of posting again on this forum. It is, in part, a testable hypothesis.
Andy Velebil
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by Andy Velebil »

DRT wrote:
We have the answer.
For future search reference (as posted :ftlop: )...

I will have to look. But iirc in an unofficial (official) hedonist gazette he scored it 100 at the end of some big wine dinner.

If not familiar with the HG it's when he rates wines at dinners. They are supposed to be unofficial and not used. But of course people do because, well, he scores them and publishes them on his website.

Found it. Pierre Rovani originally reviewed it for the Wine Advocate and gave it 98. In may 2008 Parker was at a dinner on the Great Wall of china and it was served at the end of the meal (which had many wines before). Parker gave it 100 points in his HG review after.
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

Andy Velebil wrote:
DRT wrote:
We have the answer.
For future search reference (as posted :ftlop: )...

I will have to look. But iirc in an unofficial (official) hedonist gazette he scored it 100 at the end of some big wine dinner.

If not familiar with the HG it's when he rates wines at dinners. They are supposed to be unofficial and not used. But of course people do because, well, he scores them and publishes them on his website.

Found it. Pierre Rovani originally reviewed it for the Wine Advocate and gave it 98. In may 2008 Parker was at a dinner on the Great Wall of china and it was served at the end of the meal (which had many wines before). Parker gave it 100 points in his HG review after.
is this the one where jay miller gave the fonseca 92 a 98 with ice cream in his mouth
and i believe parker was having chocolate cake witht he taylor 92 with the 100 pter?