Selling Grahams 1975 Vintage Port

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
leprec78
Cruz Ruby

Post by leprec78 »

Hello,
I am looking to sell 6 bottles of Grahams 1975 Vintage Port. They have been well stored in a cool cellar, and are in excellent condition, with no sign of damage or spoiling. I must admit that I do not know very much at all about selling Vintage Port, and was wondering if anyone on the forum may be interested in these, or could give me some advice on how I might best go about selling these.
I am based in Dorking, Surrey, UK, and, for various reasons, I am looking to sell them as soon as possible.

Many thanks in advance for any interest or advice.
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Re: Selling Grahams 1975 Vintage Port

Post by uncle tom »

Of all the vintages of Graham, 1975 has the lowest reputation, but it is not as poor as some '75s - a vintage that was marred by the chaos following the Portuguese revolution of that year.

I need to go down to Weybridge at some point in the next fortnight, so Dorking would not be too far out of my way.

Unless someone wants to better my offer, I would be prepared to offer you £135 for the six bottles (£22.50 each), and collect.
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
djewesbury
Graham’s 1970

Post by djewesbury »

Tom, would you be prepared to part with a couple of these? If you'd rather keep the case intact no problem. But I'm always keen to expand my education...
Daniel J.
Husband of a relentless former Soviet Chess Master.
delete.. delete.. *sigh*.. delete...
uncle tom
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by uncle tom »

Not a problem, if the OP is happy to sell
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I shall be sober and you will still be ugly - W.S. Churchill
leprec78
Cruz Ruby

Post by leprec78 »

Dear Uncle Tom,
Sorry for my slow reply, I have been away for a while. Thank you for your kind offer. However, after discussions with various members of the family, I think it has been agreed that it will be kept and enjoyed by one or two of said family members. If this changes in future, I will be sure to let you know.
Many thanks again
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Post by g-man »

leprec78 wrote:Dear Uncle Tom,
Sorry for my slow reply, I have been away for a while. Thank you for your kind offer. However, after discussions with various members of the family, I think it has been agreed that it will be kept and enjoyed by one or two of said family members. If this changes in future, I will be sure to let you know.
Many thanks again
a proper way to enjoy port

Uncle tom did give you a very fair price too.
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Post by jdaw1 »

leprec78 wrote:it has been agreed that it will be kept and enjoyed by one or two of said family members.
We have had several people join this forum to say ‟I have some port for sale”. That’s fine. But our typical advice is one of ‟it isn’t going to make you rich; keep it and drink it”; or ‟it’s lovely; keep it and drink it”. You are in the former category, and, happily, have taken the advice.