Port to sell?

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
has_2012
Cruz Ruby

Port to sell?

Post by has_2012 »

Hi

I have 2 single bottles of vintage port I no longer want to keep for a number of reasons: need the space currently used to store my wine/port / young children / no longer tasting. These ports are:
Warre's 1980 Vintage Port
Fonseca's 1980 Vintage Port
These have been cellared and show no signs of damage or leaks. Can anyone advise me on the best way to sell them?
Thank you for reading my post
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: Port to sell?

Post by jdaw1 »

The more reputable of the two shippers is Fonseca, and at Four Walls Wine Fonseca 1980 is £42.15.

A sale to the trade will make you not much more than half the retail price. Why not drink them, or give them as a present?
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

Hi "has" and welcome to TPF; Your options will depend on your location, could you give some general idea of where you are located?
has_2012
Cruz Ruby

Post by has_2012 »

hi
thank you - i live in north somerset about 30 mins from Bristol.

Helen
PhilW
Dalva Golden White Colheita 1952

Post by PhilW »

With only a couple of bottles, you are unlikely to have much interest from the main wine merchants; You would also likely only achieve a similar price at auction, which might be more hassle than it is worth for two bottles. As you are in the UK, I will PM you with a suggestion.