1991 Grahams Port

Port to sell? Excellent! Please post here, with details of what you have, how stored, and where in the world it is. Please start by reading our ‘Standard advice to would-be vendors' and ‘A note to wine merchants’.
philippa
Cruz Ruby

1991 Grahams Port

Post by philippa »

I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice. My son was given 12 cases of 1991 Vintage Port and is interested in selling them. I am not entirely sure how we go about doing this. They have been stored well. Thanks. Philippa
g-man
Quinta do Vesuvio 1994

Re: 1991 Grahams Port

Post by g-man »

It starts with where you are located.

As this is a relatively "young" vintage still the distributor pricings are still available.

I can find this retail at 60$ http://www.hdhwine.com/retail-wine-deta ... -Port/8713

which would mean that the best price you would get from a retail store would be ~30$.

You could send it to auction which after the various fees and premiums would also be around 30-35$.

As with private sales, have they also been stored well after your son has received them
Where are they being held? 12 cases is still a sizeable amount, is it in the garage?

but perhaps the most pressing question on my mind is how does one comes across a very sizeable 12 cases of vintage port as a gift becuase I'm clearly hanging around the wrong crowd!
Disclosure: Distributor of Quevedo wines and Quinta do Gomariz
jdaw1
Cockburn 1851

Re: 1991 Grahams Port

Post by jdaw1 »

Philippa: where are you based? Are you selling in the US or the UK?

Twelve cases was a good gift. Most folks get none, most of the rest get twelve bottles.